A more detailed guide coming soon
Follow these steps to set up your Amazon FireTV Stick:
1. Connect the power adapter – Plug the small end of the USB power cord into your Fire TV Stick, and the other end into the power adapter. Then, plug the power adapter into a power source.
Note: We recommend that you use the power adapter and plug it into a power outlet. Although some TVs have powered USB ports, there may not be enough power for Fire TV Stick to work properly. Do not connect Fire TV Stick through an unpowered HDMI hub or switch, as this can affect the device’s performance.
2. Connect your device to your TV – Plug your Fire TV Stick into an available HDMI port on your TV. We recommend using the included HDMI extender to make sure your Fire TV Stick fits securely into your TV.
Tip: Remember which port you used to connect to your Fire TV Stick, as you’ll need to select the corresponding input channel on your TV for the next step.
3. Select the input channel for your Fire TV – Turn on your TV and select the HDMI input channel for the port you used to connect your Fire TV Stick. You should see a loading screen with the “Fire TV Stick” logo.
4. Set up your remote – Insert the included batteries into your remote.
For more information about setting up and using your remote, go to Amazon Device Help
5. Pair your remote – After you insert the batteries, your remote should automatically pair with your Fire TV If your remote doesn’t pair right away, press and hold the Home button for up to 10 seconds to send it to “discovery mode” so you can complete the pairing process.
6. Connect to the Internet – Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your device to the Internet, via a Wi-Fi connection. For more information, go to Amazon Device Help.
Tip: You’ll see a “Save Wi-Fi Passwords to Amazon” option during first-time setup. This gives you a way to securely upload your Wi-Fi network password with Amazon.
7. Register your device – Follow the on-screen instructions to register your Fire TV Stick to your Amazon account. To learn more, go to Register or Deregister Your Amazon Fire TV Device.
8. Get Started – Once you have complete setup, you’ll see a quick “Welcome” video with information and tips on how to use your Fire TV Stick. To learn more, check out Fire TV Menu Basics and Navigate Your Fire TV.
Your AMAZON FIRE TV STICK requires an Amazon account FREE or PRIME membership, a Good to Strong WIFI signal, a TV with an HMDI connection, power supply. If your TV has an USB Port, you can use it to power the Fire TV Stick.
What is KODI?
When KODI first debuted as XBMC, which stands for Xbox Media Center, it found its audience among gamers. Xbox users were looking for a way to use their systems to not only play video games, but also to watch TV and stream other media. KODI filled that role. It did it so well that the platform soon expanded.
Using Amazon Fire TV Stick with KODI side loaded to stream your favorite Movies, TV Shows, Sports. Your Fire TV Stick is side loaded with the KODI app. Within KODI are “Add-ons”. Add-ons are packages that add features and functions not normally included with KODI Add-ons are developed by people on Team KODI and third-parties.
Reference for using KODI on your Amazon FireTV Stick
- Start by launching your FireTV Stick > Press and hold the Home button until you see; Apps Sleep Mirroring Settings
- Now click on Apps look for the KODI app (if you do not find it there go to SettingÂ > Applications > Manage Installed Application >Â scroll list to find KODIÂ click it then Launch application. DO NOT CLEAR DATA
- Click on the KODI app
- Once KODI is loads
- Scroll down to Add-ons
- Click on Add-ons
- Click on Video add-ons
- Scroll down to the list of video add-ons to Exodus open it
- Scroll to Movies open it.
- Scroll to YEAR, there you will see a list of years
- Click on 2017 , there you will see a list of movies
- Click on 1, give it time to load providers
- Click on a provider from the list (look for a HD if possible) 1
- Give it time to load
- Once you find a show or season that you would like to watch you can Add to Favorites by pressing the Menu button.
Note current shows are usually available shortly or the next day after being aired.
To go back to Amazon
- Click the back button until you get to the main page
- Scroll to the top to the Power click it
- Right click Select > down click Sect > click on EXIT
- Or just click the Home button
Be sure to check out all the video add-ons some may not be working all the time.
The above is just a reference and can be applied to other Add-ons. The more you play around with it them more you will become familiar with what is streaming.
DO NOT CLEAR DATA or RESET to FACTORY DEFAULTS, you will erase KODI and/or it Add-ons and all other preloaded apps.
What many of my friends & I, have done we weaned ourselves off of Cable/Satellite. Â What you paid for the KODI Fire TV Stick you can recoup in a month on your cable bill.
You can add more add-ons within the installed repositories. I hope this is helpful.
All add-ons are developed 3rd-party, so I’m not responsible for change/update made by the add-on creator or program content providers. Some add-ons require the user to sign-up for an account (free or with fee) not all add-ons, or content within, are accessible at all times. Quality and availability of content is not guaranteed